Plums are known for being high in fiber, vitamins and minerals. If your baby is uncomfortable due to constipation, plums are a great addition to their diet to get things moving. Plums have a sweet, yet tart flavor that your baby will love and naturally contain Vitamin A and C. Plums are considered a stage 1 menu for babies four months and older. You should always consult your pediatrician before starting your baby on solids.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed
- 1 plum, roasted, peeled and diced (or 3 oz Café Baby Perfect Plums)
Place the oats, water and milk into a medium microwave-safe bowl and stir together. Heat in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Then add 15-second increments until the oatmeal is puffed and softened. Stir before serving.
- Stir in banana, plums and cinnamon.
- This recipe can be enjoyed by the whole family. If serving to your baby, add Café Baby Perfect Plums instead of diced plums. If serving to your toddler, be sure to slice dice plum into very small pieces.