Plums are known for being high in fiber, vitamins and minerals. If your baby is uncomfortable due to constipation, plums are a great addition to their diet to get things moving. Plums have a sweet, yet tart flavor that your baby will love and naturally contain Vitamin A and C. Plums are considered a stage 1 menu for babies four months and older. You should always consult your pediatrician before starting your baby on solids.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup Café Baby Perfect Plums Purée
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 salt
- 1/2 T cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, stir together oil and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla and plums purée.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to wet ingredients and stir until combined (do not over-stir).
- Gently fold in apples.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray and spoon batter into muffin pan, filling until 1/2 full.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- To check for doneness, insert a toothpick near the center. The muffins are done when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from muffin tin.