The time leading up to having your baby can be very stressful. So many things to buy and then organize. A nursery to get done (ours wasn't done until a week after she came), bouncers to be put together, the list goes on and on.
Then there's packing for the big day. Luckily with our second, I was only ten minutes away from home and could have someone run there if I forgot something. But not everyone is that lucky. I was over a half hour away with our first and some might be hours away.
That's why we've put together a list of things to pack in your bag for you!
1. Pack a treat for yourself, mama! Café Baby Mommy's Milk Lactation Cookies are the perfect treat to have by your side when you need a sweet fix. Plus use code BAG10 for 10% off your pack (or three)!
2. In case you have a bit of milk you need to collect, you can collect those precious drops in your Haakaa silicone breast pump.
3. Then, pour those precious drop into your Junobie reusable breast milk storage bag. When your milk comes in, start storing your liquid gold by the ounce! These are now available in the Café Baby store!
4. If you need to cover up while nursing your baby, Toci Nursing Covers are super versatile. They work fabulously to nurse, cover the car seat when you leave and swaddle. The best part is how fashionable and flattering they are. No one ever knows they’re nursing covers! Wear them as an off the shoulder poncho or wrap as a scarf!
5. To prevent those embarrassing wet marks on our boobs that we all get, make sure you have a Davin and Adley nursing bra liner just in case. Davin and Adley nursing bra liners
are ultra soft against sore nipples as your newborn starts latching (OUCH). They absorb all breastmilk leaks and as a bonus, sweat and moisture too! You can slide them into any bra or cami for an extra layer of protection that won’t move around. These are now available in the Café Baby store
6. If you have a cesarean birth, you may need a cream to soothe irritated or scarred skin. Motherlove's C-Section Cream
is created with gentle herbs to offer a cream that is soothing on the skin and can help promote c-section recovery. Their Sitz Bath Spray is an essential item to have on hand after vaginal labor. Motherlove’s Sitz Bath Spray
brings new moms the same relief as a traditional sitz bath, but in a convenient liquid spray bottle. This combination of herbs works together to soothe sore perineal muscles and provide cooling relief. New moms can spray the product directly on themselves as often as they like for cooling relief. For an inverted spray, simply remove the inner straw.
7. If you're feeling a little sore, Lillemer lil’buds breast comfort packs
can be used hot or cold and are arc-shaped, allowing you to wrap them around your breast. Grab your pack in our store too!
8. If you need a little extra help breastfeeding, it's always helpful to have an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant on call. We love Sarah Lang from Milksprout
. Before COVID, Sarah did hospital consults, but now she has moved to virtual consults. She also does in-home consults for Indianapolis moms. She takes insurance from Blue Cross Blue Shield, SIGNA, and United Health or you can self-pay. Sarah can also help with:
- Breastfeeding positions
- Evaluate Milk Transfer (Weighted Feed)
- Signs of a good feeding
- Signs of a poor feeding
- Increasing milk supply
- Painful latch
- Nipple Damage
- Tongue and lip tie
- Plugged ducts and mastitis
- Slow weight gain in your baby
- Induced lactation and relactation
- Twins or multiples
- Tandem nursing
- Returning to work
- Using a breast pump
- Weaning from a nipple shield
- Starting solids
- Newborn care
- Online prenatal education (Check these out)
- Creating a plan for returning to work or school
Café Baby provides health-conscious parents with a convenient, long-lasting range of fresh, handmade baby food and lactation products. These mom and baby friendly foods are fresh-frozen for easy access and are shipped to your doorstep. Shop their age-based menus at www.cafebabytogo.com.